Since 1975, Communitas has cultivated the development of over 60 housing projects providing housing to 2,000+ households with a combined value of over $300 million dollars. Projects' capital costs have ranged from of $300,000 to $20 million.
Our clients have included:
- non-equity and home ownership housing cooperatives
- community based land trusts
- cohousing groups
- non-profit companies and societies
- private developers
Projects have included single family homes, duplexes, townhouses, stacked townhouses, low rise apartments, high rise towers and a manufactured home park.
Communitas has developed housing projects within the Edmonton Metropolitan Area, in smaller Alberta centres such as Banff, Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House and St. Isidore, and as far away as Yellowknife and Iqaluit in Nunavut.
Communitas has also collaborated with a variety of clients undertaking community economic development initiatives and developing cooperative businesses.
These have included groups such as:
- Women Building Futures Society
- the Multi-Cultural Health Brokers Co-operative Ltd. (a worker co-operative providing holistic health cultural brokerage and community development services to a variety of cultural groups)
- the community of St. Isidore
- Edfor (a multi-stakeholder community forestry cooperative)